So THIS happened!
And just like that...my day = MADE. Thank you so very much to the lovely, amazing, wonderful Erica @ Erica Finds...!
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
Seven Things About Me:
1. The number seven is my favorite. It (and the number 17) were my volleyball jersey numbers all through school. This list rocks already!
2. I have a very mild, regulated obsession with Chef Gordon Ramsay. I just found "Kitchen Nightmares" on Netflix. While it isn't my favorite show of his, it's still fun to watch the guy lose his mind every once in a while. The way he tastes food is fascinating, and he's a marathon runner and Ironman triathlete!
On top of all of that, his Facebook updates are precious. Yes...PRECIOUS.
3. I lived in Germany from 2001-2003. This is a happy fact about me, but I really wish that I had been an endurance athlete when I lived there! I worked out in the tiny gym on post; I like to think that that's where my love for fitness really began, where I didn't have a coach or trainer telling me what to do.
Sort of unfortunate: I was ages 21-23, very naive, not extremely adventurous, and didn't take a ton of pictures. I did find this one...a picture of my village (Baumholder) from my apartment.
4. For some reason, I never stick around after races. I'm dead serious: I have no idea why. Yesterday's ZOOMA race sort of made me realize that maybe I should be hanging out for a while! The other Ambassadors were posting photos, and I got sort of jealy. Now, the circumstances were rather different yesterday, but I think I will make more of an effort to chill after races in the future.
5. My original dream job was to be a Physical Therapist for the San Antonio Spurs. When I started my journey with Kinesiology in college, my professor had our class do observations at elementary and middle school Physical Education classes. I didn't like this. I wanted a degree with an emphasis in Exercise Science, not P.E.
My first day observing was a huge eye-opener. I watched a large 2nd grade class (~90 children) being lead by one P.E. teacher, doing their warm-ups. They had stretching leaders at the front of the gym. They did their stretches, ran around the gym a few times, then returned to their dots. The leaders then said "JUMPING JACKS", and that's when my heart smiled the biggest. The way these kids jumped in the air, the way their arms and legs flailed with haphazard "star" movements, their smiling faces looking up and they were LAUGHING. That was when I decided that I wanted to make that happen -- to inspire children to have fun with Physical Education. The rest is history:)
6. A short one, since you've been reading a lot about me...
I love Nutella. A whole lot.
7. As of yesterday, I am Ordained! Harry's best friend, Adam, is marrying my beautiful friend Terri this October, and they asked me to be their officiant! I am so stoked beyond belief that I get to honor their wonderful marriage this way!
Last rites, too. That just got real.
My Rockin', Inspiring Nominees:
1. So Cal Runner Gal
2. Olives 'n' Wine
3. Busy Bod
4. Flying Feet in Faith
5. Chocolate Runner Girl
6. Grab Your Kicks
7. My First 5K
8. Food and Fun on the Run
9. Fine Fit Day
10. Shin Splints and Chocolate Chips
11. Mar on the Run
12. Al the Gal Runs
13. Laura Fat2Fit
14. Bruises in the Frosting
15. This Hobbit Runs
Thanks for reading about me! <3 Go check out these simply amazing, inspiring bloggers!