I'm starting off my TOLT randomness with a video from my favorite athlete on the planet, Lolo.
1. "If you fought through one thing, you have the strength and courage to fight again."
For the first time since 2005 I will not be able to return home for Drake Relays. This competition has had everyone from Jesse Owens to Micheal Johnson compete there. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa. I actually lived 10mins away from the Track growing up. In Elementary School I went to Drake relays for the first time. It was my first taste of a Track and Field meet. At the time I didn't know I would ever become an Olympic Track and Field athlete. I only knew that I wanted more. Drake Relays will always be special to me for inspiring my dream of running. Every person who attends Drake Relays knows it is one of the best Track & Field Competitions in America. I hope to see you guys next year. Have a funnel cake for me please.
Posted by Lolo Jones on Windsday, April 22, 2015
4. I had had a two-day brain pain. I think it's the humidity...? I got home and just went straight to bed. I felt bad, since I was supposed to hit up track with the /R/iver /R/unners, but knew that it'd just get worse if I didn't rest.
I'm happy to say that it's gone now.:)
5. Because we need a puppy video here. Right. Here.
6. Some Earth love info from The North Face!
And more about the #ClothesTheLoop program. Get in on it this week, guys!
7. And speaking of which, how did you celebrate Earth Day?
9. MORE inspo, you say?!
Raise your hand (lol I'm such a teacher) if this applies to you, and it involves running, Yoga, something active and wonderful.
10. And one more for the road.
Show me some inspo!
Tell me -- how's training going?
Big plans for the weekend?