Thanks to Amanda for hosting the link-up that rocks my socks!
1. Getting up at 4:00-4:30am isn't cutting it for swim workout mornings. I barely had 30 minutes to knock out a good workout yesterday morning, and I only got 1100 yards. Meh, it's a workout, right? I'm not tri'ing anytime soon, and this is cross-training, so it should be easy. I would just like to have more time, is all.
(Poor me, huh?)
Pretty water by the time I left yesterday (around 6:45am). I took a couple of blurry pictures before this when it was dark; clearly I wasn't happy with them and wanted a fresh one.
2. Chef Harry made the most delicious pasta dish the other night, and I had to share it with you. He sent me the recipe a couple of weeks ago and said that he wanted to try it. I was working on a few things the other night, so he took over and made it by himself (it was supposed to be a *team* effort).
Click for the recipe ~~~> Fusilli with Basil, Tomatoes, and Avocado Sauce
(it's a Runner's World one!)
4. The /R/iver /R/unners meetup last night was freaking fantastic! It was about 70*F, a slight breeze, and a badass turnout. Harry and Fearless Leader Greg, and Jeff and Mike wore matching outfits. Steph and I were bummed that we didn't get the memo.
I needed an easy run night, instead of speedwork. I was in luck, because that's all Steph wanted for the evening, as well.
5. I have been extremely successful in lowering my sugar and sweets intake this week. I think I should get extra points for turning down sweets at work, since THAT'S a thing.
6. The coolness of the past couple of days has really gotten me excited about Autumn. We are pretty far away from it, but I can't help but long for all things pumpkin, crunchy leaves, and snuggling up watching scary movies. Random: thanks to Susie and Marcia, I really want to go horseback riding. I used to ride (jump/hunter), and Fall was always my most favorite season in which to ride. The horses get so giddy.
7. Ummmmm...this is happening?
8. I will never cease to be impressed with ridiculous applications in pop culture. Case in point: Siri making a Simpsons reference.
9. Me, as a baby. Because it's also #TBT.
10. TEASER OF THE YEAR: I have some REALLY EXCITING NEWS to tell you all, but I can't QUITE tell you yet! Hopefully I can tell you tomorrow!
No, I'm not knocked-up. <3
Have a rockin' Thursday, y'all!